The mission of the University is to contribute to nation and society through the pursuit of education, leaning and research at the highest international levels of excellence and to stand on the same scaffold with other universities of eminence.
The Universitys core values are as follow:
- Freedom of thought and expression
- Freedom from discrimination
- Freedom from mental poverty.
- To instill tendency in the students to learn more and more.
- Education which enhances the ability of students to learn throughout life.
- To make students more pragmatic.
- The encouragement of a questioning spirit
- An extensive range of academic subjects in all major subjects groups.
- Quality and depth of provision across all subjects.
- The close inter-relationship between teaching scholarship and research
- Strong support for in individual researchers as well as research groups.
- Residence in campus as central to most course.
The University’s relationship with society
- The relationship between the University and the affiliated institutes/departments as fundamental to the nature.
- The interdisciplinary nature of the departments as a major stimulus to teaching and learning.
- The enhanced quality of experience for students and staff through departmental membership.
- Recognition and reward of University’s staff as its greatest asset.
- The encouragement of career development for all staff.